History of changes in Crypt-o
- new: Danish localization by Michael Jorgensen.
- fixed: Firefox 52+ integration.
- updated: Improved stability of the Web interface.
- updated: Improved security of the Web interface.
- fixed: Copy to the clipboard in the Web interface when Flash is not available.
- new: Support for Firefox 64-bit and Chrome 64-bit.
- new: Support for Firefox 52+.
- updated: Improved stability of the Web interface.
- updated: Generate SHA-256 certificates.
- updated: Improved import from text and .csv files.
- new: Option "Always accept remote connections" for backup servers.
- new: LDAP option "Nested groups".
- updated: Redirect Web interface to the logon page when the inactivity timeout has expired.
- updated: Improved speed of LDAP authentication.
- updated: Improved speed of Windows domain authentication.
- updated: Improved communication with backup servers.
- updated: More informative error message when a portable version can not be used.
- updated: It is possible to pass command line parameters to the .msi setup package.
- new: Date and time field.
- fixed: Error when using %DATETIME%, %DATE%, %TIME% macros for date fields.
- fixed: Pasting from the clipboard to a protected field using Shift-Insert or a popup menu.
- fixed: If a user password has been changed, ask for old password during synchronization.
- fixed: The "Invalid database ID" error when logging on to the Web interface using a new user account and a home database need to be created.
- fixed: Database structure corruption due to bugs that are already fixed.
- new: Group Policy settings to confirm move operations.
- updated: Show the "Do not ask again" check box in the move confirmation window only if the program's options are not restricted by GPO.
- fixed: The "*** is not a valid date and time" error during synchronization in some cases.
- fixed: Prevent auto filling in the Web interface.
- fixed: Form filling when input fields contain a hint text.
- new: Database permission "Owner for new records".
- fixed: Creation of new folders by users having only the "Insert" permission.
- updated: Force disconnection of web clients after 6 hours of inactivity.
- fixed: The "Web access" privilege was ignored.
- new: System option "Home databases are private".
- updated: Check the "Print and export" permission while copying and moving records.
- fixed: The "Access violation error" when creating a new database if the database list is empty.
- update: Use only AES encryption for TLS connections.
- update; Crypt-o Firefox add-on is approved by Mozilla.
- fixed: Error "Invalid floating point operation" during a database synchronization in some cases.
- new: The following macros can be used in a field's default value: %DATETIME%, %DATE%, %TIME%.
- updated: Allow to set default value, description, hot key for the Title field.
- fixed: An expiration date is set for today instead of no expiration in the Edit record window.
- new: Added the Serbian translation by Nikola Smiljakovic.
- new: Web interface: Implemented display and download of file attachments.
- new: Web interface: Option to remember the last logged-on user.
- new: You can use "Ctrl +" and "Ctrl -" keys to recursively expand and collapse sub-folders of the currently selected folder.
- updated: Allowed vertical resize of the Edit record window.
- updated: Save position of the Edit record window.
- updated: Activate and select a protected field after showing its contents.
- fixed: Activation via a desktop hotkey.
- fixed: A mouse double click does not collapse a folder.
- new: The "Clean up Audit log" command.
- fixed: Error while adding a user to a group.
- new: It is possible to specify reserve Crypt-o Servers in connection parameters. Reserve servers are delimited by semicolon.
- fixed: In audit log filter show users, hosts, addresses of child objects also.
- fixed: The "Malformed string" error during filtering by a text in the audit log in some cases.
- new: An option to print or export a current folder including nested folders.
- fixed: Enumeration of LDAP groups if a user name contains special symbols.
- fixed: Shading of IE11 windows during form filling.
- updated: Increased length of the user name field from 100 to 250 characters to support long LDAP user names.
- fixed: Unable to log on using a Windows account added in Crypt-o 2.1 or earlier.
- update: Addressed the Poodle SSL vulnerability (CVE-2014-3566).
The OpenSSL library files is updated to version 1.0.1j.
The outdated SSLv3 protocol is completely disabled in the OpenSSL library used by Crypt-o.
Only the modern TLS protocol is supported now.
- fixed: The "Table unknown TMP_IDS" error when viewing the audit log.
- new: The "Abandoned databases" category for administrators.
- new: Option to view invalid user accounts.
- new: The "Create home database" option can be set for groups.
- new: When deleting a user account with a home database created, you have an option to delete the home database as well.
- fixed: The "Violation of FOREIGN KEY constraint" error when creating portable/offline databases.
- fixed: The "Access violation" error on double click at the empty user selection list.
- new: Undo function.
- new: Revert function in the Audit log.
- new: Option to show actions for child objects when viewing the Audit log for a folder.
- new: The Audit log entries can be filtered by a text.
- new: Option to invoke the new Audit log view for an entry in the current Audit log view.
- update: A folder owner can always change permissions of child objects.
- update: Improved handling of orphaned private databases.
- fixed: Web interface stops responding in some cases.
- updated: Support for Firefox 30.
- fixed: Installation of Chrome integration in some cases.
- updated: Rewrite of Chrome integration. It fixes constant requests to allow to run Crypt-o plugin in Chrome.
- fixed: Errors when a backup server synchronization occurs at the same time as an automatic backup task.
- new: Option "Secure copy to the clipboard" to disable this function if needed.
- fixed: Integration with Chrome 32.
- fixed: Focus the password input field after automatic log off.
- fixed: Application minimization using Win+Down shortcut.
- fixed: Error while editing a record via the Web interface if a URL field contains some hex encoded characters.
- fixed: Error when invoking Crypt-o using a popup menu in Internet Explorer on Windows 32-bit.
- update: Italian translation by Enrico Francot.
- fixed: Crash of Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 when Crypt-o integration is enabled.
- fixed: Permissions of nested folders and records have not been properly updated when moving the parent folder.
- new: The Web interface can be accessed via IPv6.
- updated: Specify a serial number for generated self-signed SSL certificates.
- fixed: Minor issues with IPv6 support.
- new: Internet Explorer's Enhanced Protected Mode support on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- new: Italian translation by Enrico Francot.
- update: German translation update by Oliver Hirsch.
- new: The "Sort" button in the window for editing predefined values of a field.
- update: French translation update by Julien Despres.
- fixed: The "Access violation" error on start up when expired reminders are shown.
- new: Access databases in offline mode.
- new: Crypt-o Client can be configured to work with multiple independent Crypt-o Servers at the same time.
- updated: Support for browser page zoom when positioning controls for fields bindings.
- fixed: Unable to change the "Delete portable databases on expiration" option since version 2.2.140.
- fixed: Inserts and deletions in root folder of a database are not synchronized from portable version.
- fixed: Synchronization of form filling bindings in portable database.
- fixed: The value of protected fields is changed to ****** when updating form filling data in the database if several records are bound to the same form.
- fixed: Do not treat domains such as s1.domain.com and d5.domain.com as equal when performing form filling.
- new: Use IPv6 when possible on Windows Vista and later.
- fixed: Error when changing password for the "admin" account in User management.
- fixed: Only the first connect to a backup server is successful. After that the client application tries to connect only to the primary server.
- fixed: The host name of a backup server was truncated to 15 characters.
- fixed: Private databases were not listed in the permissions list for a user in some cases. It caused the "Not enough user permissions" error when trying to modify permissions for the user.
- fixed: Folder selection has not persisted after refresh in some cases.
- fixed: Display of the database access permission in the Effective permissions.
- new: Web interface: A button to copy contents of a protected field to the clipboard.
- update: Support for Windows accounts from trusted domains.
- fixed: Integration with the latest versions of Google Chrome.
- update: Browser integration: Speed-up handling of web forms with many input fields.
- fixed: Error "The parameter is incorrect" in some rare cases when opening a database.
- new: System option 'Take into account "Print and export" permission for portable version'.
- fixed: The "Dataset not in edit or insert mode" error when opening record properties in some cases.
- new: Group policy parameters "Exclude sites from form filling" and "Allowed sites for form filling".
- fixed: Form filling in general applications on 64-bit Windows.
- new: Maxthon 3 integration.
- new: Internet Explorer 64-bit integration.
- new: Users can change their passwords using Web interface.
- new: Option to set a specific hot key for a field to copy its value to the clipboard.
- new: Option to hide a field by default.
- new: List inaccessible private databases of other users in a separate category in the user properties window.
- update: Improved export to .rtf.
- update: The Web interface optimized for tablet devices.
- update: Ask for a private key password when assigning an SSL certificate to the Web interface.
- fixed: The "Could not convert variant of type (Null) into type (Double)" error in some cases when editing a record.
- fixed: Allow printing of only one selected record.
- fixed: Crypt-o Server becomes unresponsive in some rare cases.
- fixed: The 'Cannot create file "dbs\temp\blob.tmp". Access is denied' error during creation of portable version in some cases.
- fixed: Importing duplicate field names from Free Password Manager.
- fixed: A text width for checkbox type fields.
- fixed: Layout of the edit record window in case of long field names.
- new: System option "Allow printing in portable version". Turned off by default.
- new: System option "Enable Web access for home databases by default".
- update: Adding multiple AD or LDAP user accounts at once.
- update: Deleting multiple user accounts at once.
- update: French translation.
- fixed: Go to a new folder after its creation in the Web interface.
- fixed: If the first database in a portable version does not contain data changes, other databases have not been synchronized.
- fixed: Properly handle AD user accounts without a user principal name set.
- update: Increased the maximum number of custom fields from 80 to 180.
- fixed: Error during import of user accounts from a Password Manager XP database.
- update: A system administrator can take ownership of an orphaned private database.
- fixed: The "attempt to store duplicate value (visible to active transactions) in unique index USER_HASH_IDX" error in some cases.
- update: Prevent backup servers to connect to other backup servers.
- fixed: Crypt-o Server running on old versions of Windows.
- new: LDAP authentication.
- new: Option to automatically create a private home database for a user account.
- new: If a file attachment has been modified after its execution, ask about update the file in the database.
- new: Sorting by clicked column in the search results pane.
- new: The "Effective permissions" tab in the Permissions window.
- update: For administrators list inaccessible private databases of other users in a separate category.
- update: Try to fix database integrity errors if possible.
- update: Support for Windows accounts from external domains.
- fixed: The "Unable to get random number from CryptoAPI" error for mandatory/temporary user profiles.
- fixed: Unable to access a database via Web interface after editing permissions for a user.
- fixed: Windows account validation in some cases.
- new: Dutch translation by ICT Teamwork.
- fixed: Windows account validation in some cases.
- fixed: Windows 8 compatibility.
- new: Slovenian translation by Gasper Cas (Geniusnet d.o.o.).
- fixed: The "Access violation" error in the client application when running on old Windows versions.
- fixed: Header drawing in the search results when theming is disabled.
- new: Search function in the Form filling Wizard.
- new: Quick search box in the main window.
- new: Remembering of search history and an option to control it.
- new: Printing and export of Audit logs.
- update: Use proper visual styles for menus.
- fixed: Visual glitches with dark themes.
- fixed: Enable high DPI support.
- fixed: Minor improvements and fixes.
- new: Support for Firefox 10+ and Opera 11.60+.
- fixed: Incorrect checkbox state in the folder move confirmation window.
- fixed: Current folder was not visible in the tree after copy/move operations in some cases.
- fixed: Only a database owner was able to copy/move folders from other database.
- update: Do not apply Group Policy settings to the portable version.
- new: A System administrator can delete private database.
- new: The splitter position is saved in the form filling Wizard.
- fixed: The incremental search in the folders list.
- update: Print a warning when trying to access the Web interface using an IP address or short host name.
- update: Disabled autocompletion and password saving in the Web interface.
- fixed: The "Not enough user permissions to create a new record in this folder" error when saving form's data in some cases.
- fixed: The "Access violation" error during client's start-up in some cases.
- fixed: The "Field 'OPTIONS' must have a value" error during import, when a new database must be created.
- update: Increase the maximum line length to 128K during import from text files.
- fixed: Unable to activate other applications after restoring Crypt-o client from the tray icon in some cases.
- fixed: Critical security regression in versions 2.0.78-2.0.80. AD user was able to log on to Crypt-o using any password in some cases.
- fixed: "Invalid data packet error" during form filling.
- new: Web interface.
- new: Option to create private databases.
- new: It is possible to set up backup servers to improve Crypt-o availability.
- new: Option to lock user accounts after a given number of failed logins.
- new: Move operations for records/folders require user confirmation by default.
- new: Auto-adjustable timeout after failed user login.
- new: Alarmed records are automatically checked every midnight, if the client application is running for a long time.
- new: German translation by BIT IT Service GmbH.
- fixed: Issues with high DPI settings.
- fixed: Changes to protected fields in a portable database were not synchronized to the main database.
- new: French translation by Julien Despres.
- fixed: The "Access violation" error when changing permissions inheritance for a folder.
- fixed: The "attempt to store duplicate value (visible to active transactions) in unique index USER_HASH_IDX" error when adding/editing user accounts in some cases.
- fixed: It was not possible to turn off the "Use key file authentication" option for a user account.
- fixed: The "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error after user's logon, if a database is not currently available.
- fixed: Random crashes of Crypt-o plugin in Chrome browser.
- new: User authentication using key files.
- new: Option "Automatically load the application on Windows start".
- new: Option "Require strong passwords for Windows user accounts".
- new: The form filling parameters can be configured via Group Policy.
- new: Ability to run an external program and pass field values as command line parameters.
- fixed: Incorrect search of domain groups in some cases.
- improved: Proper import of multiline text from malformed .csv files.
- fixed: Error "Unable to get random number from CryptoAPI." error on some systems.
- fixed: Some problems with Internet Explorer integration.
- new: Spanish translation by Enetic IT Department.
- fixed: Minor issues with browser integration.
- fixed: The ADMX template.
- fixed: More correct handling of the "Disable form filling" restriction.
- fixed: Some minor bugs in the browsers integration.
- fixed: Error "Field 'TIME_CREATED' must have a value" during import from a Password Manager XP database in some cases.
- fixed: Unable to log on as a Windows user, which was imported from a Password Manager XP database.
- fixed: The "Malformed string" error, when creating a portable version in some cases.
- new: Localization support. Russian and Ukrainian translations were added.
- new: Integration with Firefox 4, Google Chrome, Opera.
- new: The form filling function works for 64-bit applications.
- new: Group policy parameter "Log on to Crypt-o as current Windows user only".
- new: Import from Free Password Manager.
- fixed: Minor bugs.
- new: Added many settings to the Group Policy Administrative template.
- new: Added the Group Policy Administrative template in the .admx format.
- fixed: The server crash with the "fb_crypt: Encryption key is empty." error in the server.log in some cases.
- fixed: The client application disabled all UI elements for a user in some cases.
- update: Internal improvements.
- new: Data modifications in portable databases can be allowed.
- new: Synchronization of changes, made in portable database, to the main database.
- new: Portable versions can be configured to expire in a specified number of days.
- new: Field values in the Audit log can be copied to the clipboard using a popup menu.
- update: Increased user/group name length limit from 50 to 100 characters.
- update: Forbid modification of protected fields, when a user have a permission to modify a record, but does not have a permission to view protected fields.
- update: Improved log on speed of Windows users, when Windows groups are used in the program and there are many domains in AD.
- fixed: Minor bugs.
- fixed: The "Param 0 is not set" error during creation of a portable database.
- fixed: The "Unable to load Hook.dll" error in Firefox 3.6.6 or later.
- fixed: The "Log off when the application is minimized" option did not work if the "Minimize application to the system tray" option is enabled.
- fixed: "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error during form filling, in case if record reminders were expired in a database.
- new: The "Maximum attachment size" option in the System options.
- fixed: Buttons and check boxes disappear when pressing the Alt key on Vista and Windows 7.
- updated: More strict check of a user groups membership.
- fixed: Incorrect Windows user/group SID matching in some cases.
- new: A portable version of Crypt-o can be created and used to access databases when offline. Use "Tools > Create portable version" to do that.
- new: The Connections window in the Administrative Tools.
- new: Added the "Logoff" item to the tray icon menu.
- new: Client application command line parameters to do the following: start the client minimized, automatic log on, selection of the specified folder.
- fixed: Error when switching pages in the edit record window of a read only record in some cases.
- fixed: Unable to extract a file attachment if a user does not have permissions to edit a record.
- fixed: Windows authentication failure in case when a user account name is the same as a computer name.
- fixed: Form filling when only the title field is used.
- fixed: Some windows (like the Audit Log) disappear after using the form filling.
- new: User accounts password changes are logged to the Audit Log.
- fixed: Incorrect handling of some Windows domain groups.
- fixed: Not all folders were searched by the search function for non-administrator users.
- fixed: User names were truncated to 20 characters in length during log on.
- fixed: Error during import from a Password Manager XP database, if it contains a user account with name 'admin'.
- fixed: Error 'Field USER_NAME must have a value' during import from a Password Manager XP database in some cases.
- fixed: Error during import from a Password Manager XP database, if it contains user accounts with duplicate names.
- fixed: Error during import from a Password Manager XP database, if it contains a user account with the same name as the currently logged on user name.
- fixed: Unable to create a new non-root folder by a user with non-admin permissions.
- Initial release.